Go to Homepage
- To trail along the ground, like a snake or a snail
Translated in 27 languages
- To have a shrinking sensation, as a concomitant of horror.
Translated by: ROBERT GRIGOR BAXTER
Translated in 20 languages
Translated in 9 languages
[Subject: Applied Mechanics]
Translated in 5 languages
- To move slowly, and usually quietly, on all fours, e.g. 'He crept along the floor so as not to be noticed.'
Translated by: RHISIART HINCKS
Translated in 4 languages
[Subject: Geology, Meteorology, Hydrology]
- The gradual displacement of strata or the earth's crust by expansion, contraction, compression, etc.
Translated in 2 languages
Translated by: GUEST USER
[Subject: Idiomatic Expressions]
- A contemptible person, especially one who behaves obsequiously in the hope of advancement
Translated in 1 languages
- An inferior, rotten or worthless person
Translated in 6 languages