Go to Homepage
- To send to the bottom of the sea or any other liquid.
Translated in 35 languages
- A basin fixed in position in a kitchen and equipped with water supply and outflow pipe, used for washing dishes, etc.
Translated in 14 languages
Translated by: DAVID LAURENT
Translated in 13 languages
- To become submerged, wholly or partly
Translated by: ROBERT GRIGOR BAXTER
Translated in 11 languages
- In speaking of a vessel: to go to the bottom of the sea, river, pool etc.
Translated in 9 languages
Translated by: CESARE PAVONE
Translated in 5 languages
- To push in, e.g. 'He sunk his teeth into the apple.'
Translated by: RHISIART HINCKS
Translated in 3 languages
- To consume an alcoholic drink, especially rapidly
[Subject: Geology, Meteorology, Hydrology]
- A flat low-lying area where water collects and forms a marsh or pool, or disappears by percolation or evaporation
Translated in 2 languages
[Subject: In British Isles]
- Denoting a school or housing estate situated in a socially deprived area
Translated in 1 languages
Translated in 19 languages