Go to Homepage
Translated in 33 languages
- Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.
Translated in 17 languages
Translated by: PEZZUOLI CLAUDIO
Translated in 14 languages
[Subject: Medical Sciences, Medicine]
Translated in 12 languages
[Subject: Medical Equipment]
Translated in 11 languages
- Make or give forth a sound, e.g. 'He sounded his horn.'
Translated by: KEVIN FLYNN
Translated in 10 languages
Translated in 9 languages
- Free from blemishes or defects or any any corruption; of good quality throughoout
Translated by: RHISIART HINCKS
Translated in 5 languages
- Any distinctive noise, e.g. the sound of the sea, a hollow sound, the sound of a voice, a rumbling sound
- Followed by 'like' - to make a noise (similar to), e.g. 'It sounded like a car.'
Translated in 4 languages
[Subject: Data Processing - Windows - Graphic Design - 3D Graphics]
Translated in 2 languages
Translated by: ROBERT GRIGOR BAXTER
Translated in 1 languages
- (of sleep) deep and unbroken
[Subject: General Geography & History]
- A narrow stretch of water forming an inlet or connecting two larger bodies of water
- To examine by auscultation.
Translated in 22 languages